Are you feeling bloated? Do you need to feel re-energized? A detox might be what you need! With many of us sporting a larger than normal waistline, a detox can help us re-balance our bodies and remove the toxins from our body. And now that we are welcoming the third month of the year, we need a good push to help us get back on track. What better way to kick start the healthy change than to do a detox?
In 2016, researchers conducted a national health and nutrition survey. The study looked at data collected from more than 4,700 American adults. The researchers assessed how many people generally had a good diet, participated in moderate exercise, didn’t smoke and kept their body fat under control. The results uncovered that a staggering 97.3% of American adults failed to have healthy lifestyle habits.
What are the benefits of a detox?
- Remove toxins from the body – long term exposure to toxins such as environmental pollutants, cancer-causing chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals and industrial waste can affect our metabolic rate, our moods, and our immune system which can lead to disease. They are stored in tissues and cells throughout the body, including the brain, and often for years! Can you imagine having toxins circulating through your body for years?
- Prevent chronic disease – environmental toxins are responsible for many types of cancers, diseases and conditions such as neurological diseases, heart disease and stroke! Whilst our bodies have a built-in detox function to deal with these exposures normally, those systems are constantly overloaded because the extremities, pollutants and toxins that we are exposed to these days are more than what our bodies can handle. Detoxing assists and improves what our bodies are trying to do naturally.
- Enhance your immune system function – a compromised immune system makes us vulnerable to infections, viruses and bacteria which can affect our quality of life. Regular detoxing helps strengthen immune system functioning and fights of infection.
- Lose weight – toxins affect the body’s natural ability to burn fat which can lead to weight gain. Diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure is directly linked to weight issues. Detoxing can help rid the body of toxins stored in fat cells and increase your metabolic rate.
- Slow down the premature ageing – detoxing can rid the body of free radicals and heavy metals which is partially responsible for ageing. Detoxing can also help to increase nutrient absorption, including antioxidants and vitamins that help fight oxidative stress.
- Improve the quality of life – when our bodies are loaded with toxins, it doesn’t function very well. We may experience joint pain, headaches, digestive disorders, sleep problems and a lack of energy. Detoxing can help improve your bodily function and improve the quality of your life!
- Increase energy – you will notice that after detoxing, you will tend to have more mental, physical, and emotional energy. You will also tend to get more deep and restful sleep.
- Improve skin quality – diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect your skin. Detoxing can help improve your acne, strengthen your hair and nails and give your skin that healthy, natural glow!
- Mental and emotional clarity – when your body’s systems are aligned, a shift also occurs with your mental and emotional health. You will find that you are able to deal with more when you are clear and grounded. This can lead to better decision-making, and help you see things differently.
- Restore balance to your body’s systems – our digestive, nervous and hormonal systems were designed to work together to achieve optimal health. When we overload them with toxins, our systems don’t work as well as they should and we fall ill as a result. Detoxing can help bring back balance and have our systems function properly again.
Cleanse & Detox packages
The Orchard Wellness & Medical Resort Malaysia located in Malacca, just a short drive (or bus ride) south from Kuala Lumpur has incredible cleanse & detox packages for our customers.
Their package starts from USD$900 (for 3-nights) which includes:
– Accommodation in a suite / villa of your choice
– Welcome beverage
– Tour of the resort
– All meals – a personalised healthy detox cuisine
– Detox juices – specially prepared to facilitatae detoxification
– An individual nutrition and health consultation
– Bio-resonance and InBody Health scans
– Your choice of Aromatherapy / Ayurveda / Balinese / Malaysian Traditional Urut / Tui Na Massage
– Abdominal massage
– Body scrub
– Far infra-red medical sauna session(s)
– Colonic hydrotherapy
– Speleotherapy in the Himalayan Salt Room
– Foot reflexology treatment*
*Only applicable for those staying 7 nights or more.
Their suites and villas are seriously breathtaking. They are styled for your ultimate comfort and pleasure with peaceful surroundings and luscious greenery enveloping the resort. Not only that, their pillows are so fluffy, and their beds are so dreamy! If you don’t get a good night’s sleep, no other bed will do you justice!
When I first laid eyes on the resort it took my breath away. The serenity of the resort was truly calming and will melt your worldly worries away. The resort is meticulously curated for a memorable experience for all of their guests and each room is carefully designed with great lux!
If you don’t believe me, you can swoon over the pictures of their resort and their suites / villas here: https://www.holidayhealth.com/health_care_provider/the-orchard-wellness-and-health-resort-malaysia/